CC Image courtesy of Marta Nørgaard via Flickr.
It’s fun to change your hair color once in a while, right? Well, this spring you can expect some major hair color changes! If you’re the type that likes to be in line with the latest trends, here’s what you can look forward to (all available at Athena, your Fort Collins spa, of course!).
With the sunshine comes the lighter shades, and that means playtime for you! This spring and summer, go a bit lighter on the ends or all around. The new ombre and balayage techniques will add some sunshine highlights to your hair (even if you’ve been in cold darkness all winter!), and will help kickstart that youthful look too. All you need now is the tan to go along with it.
If you come into Athena today, you can get a tanned look too with one of our spray tan options. Why not get both your hair and your tan done just in time for the warmer weather? Either way, this spring and summer season is all about going lighter, showing your fun side, and getting a blast of blonde mixed in with that darker base. If you do want to try something bolder, though, the blocked color or platinum trend might be what you’re looking for.
Going for the balayage look? Let us give you some tips on picking the right stylist first – this look requires some skill!
1. Pick a seasoned pro. If you start talking about this technique, and you’re met with a blank stare, it might be time to find a new colorist!
2. Go for a consultation. New to a salon? Ask for a colorist consultation. This way, you can find out what the colorist you’re considering can do, what techniques are available, and what you should or shouldn’t be doing.
3. Ask about pricing. Balayage requires a freehand approach, and that means a lot more work for your colorist! Find out the cost of balayage prior to booking an appointment, since this will undoubtedly cost more than your regular foil highlights.
4. Go for it! Don’t be afraid of change! When it’s time for a new season to begin, there’s no better way to welcome in the warmer temperatures than with a new hair color. Plus, living in Colorado means spending most of your days outside, and that requires some highlighted hair.
5. Feel confidant. The most important thing when it comes to your hair is trusting your colorist. Building a relationship with a great colorist will mean getting what you want every time.
We’re crazy about the new balayage, ombre, and bold color techniques happening this season. If you need a change, make sure to come in for a consultation. Or, make an appointment with your usual stylist to see what you can do to welcome in the warmer weather. At Athena Salon, Spa, and Wellness, we have all the latest hair trends ready and waiting for you. We also offer a full line of spa and salon services. Call today to book!
Which new hair trend do you like the most? Let us know!