04 Nov 2010
Benefits of Employee Wellness Programs
Cc Image Courtesy of Lucas Löf
Employee Wellness Programs are popping up everywhere with good cause as there are many benefits to having one at your business no matter how big or small. Some of the top reasons your company would benefit from a wellness program are:
- Wellness programs help your staff function and perform at a high level.
- Employees are healthy and therefore less stressed and happier. It brings up the whole morale of your team.
- Because your staff is healthy there is less absenteeism.
- Employer costs go down due to lack of productivity and sick employees.
- Wellness programs will educate your staff as to how they can take responsibility in their wellbeing and allows your staff to feel empowered in their health.
- Grateful staff that will be loyal to your company for recognizing the importance of wellness. This loyalty will decrease costs of turnover and recruitment.
- Improved Work Performance.
- All of this can translate into big savings in Health Insurance Costs. This is an effective and inexpensive way to reduce those costs.
One way of bringing wellness into your company is to hire a massage therapist to spend the afternoon. With a portable chair or bed they can set up in a small space and take your employees for 10-30 minutes at a time to relieve back aches and improve circulation for those who have to sit at a desk for a long period of time. Research has verified that office workers who were massaged regularly were more alert, performed better and were less stressed that those who weren’t massage.
Here are some additional benefits of massage:
- Relieve stress
- Improves posture
- Lowers blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Decreases depression and anxiety
- Releases endorphins – our body’s natural pain-killer
- Relieves migraine pain
- Increase circulation and pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- Increases joint flexibility
- Can alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Enhance Immunity
- Stretches and exercises muscles that are tight or experiencing atrophy
- Helps all athletes (any level) recover or prepare for workouts
- Relaxes overused, injured or tired muscles
- Reduces muscle cramping/spasms
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Improves the condition of the skin, our body’s largest organ.
- Promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Assists with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and can shorten hospital stays
- Enhances Post-Operative Rehabilitation
- Improves Rehabilitation After Injury
- Manage Fibromyalgia Pain Naturally
- Helps with many medical conditions including: Allergies, TMJ, Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Muscular-Skeletal Disorders, Carpal Tunnel, Asthma, Bronchitis, and Insomnia
Massage not only feels amazing but it also has many emotional, mental and physical benefits that help maintain a healthy body.
Call Athena today if you are interested in having a massage therapist come to your location for a few hours and see the excitement and improvement in your staffs health and morale. 970-223-0273