Despite the fact that Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring this year, it’s still technically winter until March 20th. Until spring officially shines its gorgeous and sunny face on our winter pale complexions and dry, itchy skin, there are still a number of winter beauty mistakes that we can easily avoid that will keep us looking fresh and beautiful.
Along with the harsh winter conditions comes a myriad of winter beauty mistakes that can easily make us look even drier and washed out than we really are. By avoiding these winter beauty mishaps, in addition to regularly scheduled salon services at Athena Salon and Spa, we can easily look dewy fresh all winter long.
1. Don’t Forget the SPF – Even though it’s cold and oftentimes cloudy outside during the winter, it doesn’t mean that you can take a break from lathering on your SPF. Although the sun’s rays may not seem as intense, they are just as strong during the winter and can wreak havoc on your skin.
2. Moisturizing Foundation – Winter skin means dry skin and if you put foundation on top of dry skin it looks like a dry and cakey mess. Substitute your summer matte foundation for a foundation that contains moisturizers in the winter.
3. Hands and Feet – Although they aren’t as on display during the winter months, hands and feet need plenty of TLC during the winter as well. Make sure to wear gloves to protect your hands from the wintery conditions. Use intensive moisturizers on hands and feet during the winter and try lathering them on at night and wearing gloves and socks overnight to keep in the moisture.
4. Richer Tones – Highlights can easily look washed out in the winter without summer’s sunny haze. Go for a richer shade or highlight in the winter and always use premier salon products such as Eufora or Alfaparf to keep your locks super-luscious all winter long.
5. Stay Hydrated – Although it may sound simple, make sure to drink plenty of water every day. It will help to keep your skin from drying up from the inside out. It will keep you glowing and young.
By keeping these five tips in mind, you can be sure that you’re radiating beauty during these last few months of winter. Make an appointment at Athena Salon and Spa in Windsor to get the ultimate beauty therapy and choose from an array of top quality salon services and products.
blmiers2 via Compfight
Staff Writer, Page1 Online Marketing