10 Nov 2014
Four Best Spa Treatments to Alleviate Holiday Stress
MAkeup CC Photo Courtesy of Courtney Rhodes
It’s that time of year again! The time of year when parents with small kids start stressing out about holiday gifts and the stores start switching Halloween decorations for reindeer and tinsel. Even though the holiday season can be a lot of fun, it can also be very stressful! So, how can we take a step back and relax? How can we make sure that the stress doesn’t ruin our enjoyment of the holiday season?
Hit the Spa
During these hectic days, it’s more important than ever to schedule some “me” time, allowing you to take a step back from the madness and chaos and just relax as you indulge. Sure, you could do that in your bathtub at home with some relaxing bath salts or DIY facials, but there’s no better place to really indulge than at the Fort Collins spa. While your stress doesn’t completely go away, it will reduce significantly, avoiding a complete meltdown.
Here are the top four ways we can take care of you at the Windsor salon so that you are more effective at making sure every last detail is taken care of this holiday season. These treatments are quick and easy, and won’t take a big bite out of your budget. Added bonus: you’ll look fabulous at your many holiday parties and galas!
- The eyes have it. Stress is a horrible thing. It seeps into every fiber of your being, tightening your muscles, killing your appetite (or increasing your appetite), and destroys your sleep cycle. Poor diet coupled with lack of sleep can wreak havoc on your eyes – dark circles, wrinkles, etc. Treat yourself to an eye treatment at the Fort Collins spa in order to replenish this area with collagen and essential vitamins and nutrients. You’ll see dark circles brighten up, and wrinkles and crow’s feet disappear. This one simple treatment can change your whole appearance!
- Fabulous facial. While you’re restoring the sparkle in your eyes, why not get a facial? This is a treatment that you won’t want to miss, it’s a surprising way to destress. The relaxing warm towels and steam treatments relax you completely and draw out toxins from deep within your pores. A facial involves a stress-reducing facial massage as well, and who doesn’t like a good massage? The facial you’ll receive at the Windsor salon will help combat the drying effects of the cold temperatures, making sure you look your best for your holiday parties and events. The best part: this new-found glow won’t just be on your skin. You’ll feel like you’re glowing from within, as well, and this will carry over to your mood. How can you feel stressed when you look and feel amazing?
- Waxing. No one likes stubble. Even worse are the razor burn, nicks, and cuts that come along with shaving. You don’t have the time for that when you are heading out to a holiday party, but your dress mandates your legs are smooth to look your best. Skip the shaving session with a wax. It will last far longer than shaving alone since it pulls the hair out at the root, leaving you with silky smooth legs without the irritation of shaving.
- Look at your lashes. Another pain during the holidays – the time you spend in front of the mirror perfecting your makeup. Your little black dress needs to be accentuated, but the smoky eye look takes time. Your Fort Collins spa is coming to the rescue with lash tinting! You can skip the mascara, cutting down on the time you spend in the bathroom.
Other Tips to Reduce Stress
- Go easy on the alcohol at holiday parties. Not only will it deplete your body’s hydration leading to deep under-eye circles and a killer headache the next morning, you might behave in a manner that embarrasses you the following day.
- Stick to a budget if you have a lot of gifts to give and not a lot of money to work with. If you think you’re going to overspend, the best thing to do is withdraw the cash you want to limit yourself to and only use that to do your holiday shopping. You’ll be more thoughtful when it comes to buying gifts, weighing your options carefully so that you’re getting the most out of your money.
- Nothing ever goes perfectly. Whether it’s a big deal (you overcooked the turkey to the point the skin is blackened and the meat is overly dry) or a small problem (you forgot to buy the cheese to go with the crackers), don’t sweat it. Later on, it will be something you look back on and laugh at.
- Plan for disaster when traveling. If you have to drive an hour away to Uncle Bob’s house for the annual ugly sweater party, plan your departure from home as if a massive blizzard were hitting. In this way, if disaster does strike, you’ve already planned it into your schedule, ensuring you arrive on time no matter what.