22 Sep 2014
What To Do With Your Hair While It Grows Out
Hat CC Photo Courtesy of www.anchailinalainn.com
Is there anything more frustrating than trying to make your hair look good while it’s in the process of growing out? Whether you rocked a pixie cut for a few months or your hair just started breaking off due to over-processing, finding the right style in-between looks is tough.
At our Windsor hair salon, we’ve seen a lot of hairstyles, and we know a thing or two about how to look great while growing your hair out – trust us! Here are some of the best ways to wear your hair while waiting for your tresses to grow.
- Try out a braid. If your bangs are long enough, you can braid the edges for a Grecian look that’s really cute. Pin the excess back with a barrette or clip, and you’ve got a really great look.
- Twist and clip. Grab small bits of your hair, twist them, and clip those pieces up with really cute clips. This is also the perfect hairstyle for the gym or for any other activity where short hair just won’t work.
- Create a small bun at the bottom of your hairline, so that it curls around the underside of your neck. Small buns only require a few pins, and any hairs that fly away look really whimsical, so don’t worry about getting it all slick and smooth.
- Let it air dry. You know those waves you get when your hair dries by itself? Those are called beach waves, and most women would kill for them! If your hair does do the wave when it dries naturally, don’t fight it. Beach waves are the perfect way to let uneven layers blend, and nobody will even notice (we promise).
- Slick it back. The slicked back look is really hot this season, and it’s also a killer way to make your hair behave with style. Simply slick it back using a natural product (one that doesn’t make your hair look like an oil spill!), and you’ve got a really great fresh look that perfectly hides any hair that’s sticking out or simply won’t behave.
- Go for a bandana. This fall season, the 60s are back with shorter skirts and dresses that show a lot of leg – and what goes better with that sixties look than hair wrapped up in a scarf or bandana? Grab a really wide printed scarf, tie it around your head, and knot it at the bottom of your hairline (allowing the ends to cascade down) for a really great retro look.
- Put on a beanie or other floppy hat. The colder weather is coming, and nothing looks quite as cute as a loose hat and boots. Whether your hair is short or longer, a hat that covers everything up is the perfect way to hide any uneven layers.
Get It Cut!
Believe it or not, getting your haircut is the fastest way to grow it out. How can this be possible? The healthier that your hair is, the faster it will grow. If you come into our Windsor hair salon, we can help you with a cut that will help your hair grow quickly, and will also compliment your current look. We’re also more than happy to provide you with a quick consultation with one of our expert stylists, so that you can have a great look in the midst of growing your hair out.
The other really important thing to do is to make sure that you take care of your hair by treating it to a mask occasionally, or just using really good leave in treatments. If your hair has broken or has been damaged, it’s especially important to make sure to treat it right. Ask one of the stylists at our Windsor hair salon for product recommendations. When it comes to salon services, we do it all at Athena – and you’ll love the spa services we have for you!
In the meantime, make the best of what you have by working with your current hairstyle. If you have any questions, let us know here or on Facebook, and we’ll be happy to help you out.