"Spa Accents" CC Photo by Karl Cossio.
All eyes will be on you when your wedding day arrives – not to mention all cameras! That means looking your absolute best from head to toe, and nothing will generate that glow more than the right salon services and a perfect beauty regimen. If you have enough time, start preparing for your wedding day months in advance! Here’s our pre-wedding glow guide to help you out!
If you’re guilty of not drinking enough water or taking your vitamins, you’re in good company! Many of us don’t think about skincare until it’s crunch time. The good news is that you will see visible results from improved skincare in just three weeks. The even better news (no bad news here!) is that even if you don’t have a few weeks, you can still make some positive and noticeable changes.
1. Drink lots of water! Water hydrates your skin. When your skin is dehydrated, it shows (in the form of fine lines and wrinkles!). Drink those 6 glasses of water every day. This habit is easy to form if the first thing you do every morning is drink one full glass of water. You can also pack a water bottle to carry with you to work – and always hydrate double-time during or after a good workout.
2. Take your vitamins. A multi-vitamin is helpful, but the real beauty secret here comes in the form of fish oil. Find pure fish oil pills, and start taking a regular dose.
3. Coconut oil. Here’s another natural beauty secret. Coconut oil is one of the best things that you can use to hydrate your skin from the outside. Run some into your nightly moisturizing cream for an extra kick, and cover your elbows with oil before you go to bed.
4. Get a great facial. Exfoliation is another part of excellent skin. Set up a spa appointment with us to get rid of all that dead skin, so that your new and healthy skin can shine.
5. Wear sunscreen. Should you wear sunscreen during the winter months? Absolutely! Even when you think that the sun isn’t shining, it is. Those winter rays aren’t good for your skin, so do make sunscreen a part of your daily regimen.
6. Get a trim. I’m not just talking about your ends (though that’s important too). Book an eyebrow and facial wax (bikini if you are going somewhere tropical or warm for your honeymoon) prior to your big day. You’ll want to make sure that your face looks picture-perfect.
7. Check your toes (and fingers). Nothing makes a wedding photo look worse than nails that have seen better days.
8. Start learning to relax. Stress hormones are really evil things. Those hormones can cause fatigue, result in sleepless nights, and even make your skin sag. Yikes! Enroll in a yoga class, try to meditate, or book a few massages. Sometimes, spa massages or pedicures (which is kind of like a massage for your feet!) can really work wonders when it comes to getting rid of stress hormones.
9. Spend a day at the spa. Really! There’s nothing more relaxing than a full day of spa treatments – especially those that are customized for your big day!
Spring tends to be a busy season in the wedding and spa industry, so make sure that you book your spa day in advance. But, just in case, give us a call if you need to book a massage at the last minute – we’ll do our best to fit you in. We know that this is one of the most important days of your life. You’ll look amazing on your wedding day, and we can’t wait to help! Whether you’re looking for a spa day for you and your girls, or if you just want to come in for a facial, massage, or other treatment, we’re more than happy to book an appointment for you.
Call us today to book your spa treatment. And remember to relax and unwind as much as possible before your big day. Drink lots of water, eat well, get some sleep, and enjoy every moment of your wedding day planning!
We want to know: what did you do before your wedding day to prepare?