CC Image courtesy of kodomut on Flickr.
Whether it’s a certain person in your life or a situation that you’re dealing with, stress is never a good thing. Stress hormones can cause you to look older, cause your skin to appear tired and worn, and result in giving you an overall disheveled appearance. Because you can’t get rid of all those things in your life causing stress, the best way to combat stress is to find ways to push it completely out of your life.
1. Start a project. Is your closet looking cluttered? Do you need to paint your office? Find a project that will keep you busy and stick to it. There’s no better way to really melt into a task than to crank up the radio, whip out a paint brush (or start organizing), and accomplish something that makes you feel really good.
2. Step up your cardio game. One of the very best ways to avoid stress is to sweat it out. Sign up for a fitness class, double your gym efforts, and leave your phone at home. If you are feeling stressed out, try to exhaust yourself through physical efforts – you won’t have time to think about anything else.
3. Spend some time in nature. Go for a hike, hit the beach, or play in puddles during a rainstorm. Even if you live in the city, you can always find a park to enjoy. Nature has a way of rebalancing the system, and that’s exactly what you need if you are feeling spread too thin.
4. Create. Try your hand at baking a cake, writing a story, or crafting a project. Creating something is one of the best ways to really forget about anything in your life causing stress right now. You can even sign up for a course or two to help you create something really amazing.
5. Book a spa day. Is there anything like a pedicure, manicure, and facial to really help you relax? We don’t think so! Throw a massage in there for good measure, and you’ll leave feeling truly at ease.
6. Purchase some candles and oils. Light a candle with a scent that makes you happy. Rub some essential oils on your wrists. Scents have a way of putting the mind at ease instantly.
7. Try meditating. All you need is a quiet place and a few minutes (five will do to start). You can even download some meditation apps to your smartphone to help you get started. It’s amazing how great a clear mind can feel.
8. Talk to a friend. Sometimes, you just need a girl’s night out. Call up your friends and set up a chat session – you’re guaranteed to feel better after you let it all out!
9. Get your hair done. You don’t have to go for a full cut and color; even a quick blowout will feel (and look) great.
10. Change your toenail color. At Athena, we offer a quick pedicure color change. If you don’t have a lot of time, just changing the color of your toes will help to perk you up!
We have a ton of other ways to help you beat stress. Life is stressful, but that doesn’t mean that you have to let stress consume you. Push those things that leave you feeling anxious aside as much as possible, and try some of the tactics above to make coping with stress easier. While you can’t eliminate everyone in your life that causes you some stress, you can do things for yourself that just make you feel better.
Call us today to see what services we can offer you. Just tell us that you need to unwind, and we’ll suggest things that you can do to feel better. We have lots of spa and salon options to suit any timeframe or budget. We also have plenty of other options that you will find enjoyable. If you are about to get married, we have packages for you too! When it comes to de-stressing, let us help you out. Book your appointment at Athena salon or spa today, and get rid of stress the beautifying way!